Wednesday, September 4, 2013

#Week 2: I Love Skype

I love Skype.
I love love love love Skype!

Okay i must admit that Skype, other than many social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter or Google Hangout, doesn't provide its users with "that" entertaiment function of updating friends' feeds in a fraction of second, viewing news, or stalking (nooo!). However, Skype to me really knows how to promote deeper, more meaningful human interpersonal interactions. Here, I'm talking about its function of bridging the gap created by physical distance. 

Years ago, who would imagine that we could possibly conduct face-to-face interactions from distant places? All we had was handphones, written letters, post offices, stamps, late delieveries, etc...which may, eventhough partially help us keep in touch with others, not function effectively as a platform of maintaining strong relationships. More importantly, let's say that we are very determined to pursue relationships with our distant partners. But what can we do if super expensive international calls must be made in order to get to the other person? I bet we might feel hesitated when pressing those phone numbers.. However, no worries, we have Skype now!

I know i'm a little bit (perharps too much) excited with Skype! However, I seriously have to say without Skype, there's no way i can keep up with my super long distance relationship. Skype really is a hero that acts as the most incredible communication tool helping establish and maintain me and my boyfriend's emotional connection (the most important ingredient in every healthy relationship, i guess?!). 


With Skype, we now can see each other face, we can know how the other person's been up to (i.e.: how long his hair is right know, how many weight he has lost for not knowing how to cook but can't take fast food anymore), we can be in each other live, we can finally feel the love. 
Okay too much for my cheesy personal stuffs! 

Now let's explore some interesting facts about Skype:


Skype

Tadaaa! I guess now you guys have gained an in-depth understanding about one of the most popular softwares in the world through this super cute illustration right?!

That's it for this week's blog! 
Buh-byee!

No comments:

Post a Comment